Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Mix CR
This is my mix, Thanks for Comments

.mp3    My Hard Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 9.74 MB)

To me it seems like there's "too much bass". Like that maybe it needs to be adjusted some on the kick and bass guitar, other than that I feel like this is a really good mix. c:
(27-09-2017, 03:36 AM)OmegaTheRed Wrote: To me it seems like there's "too much bass". Like that maybe it needs to be adjusted some on the kick and bass guitar, other than that I feel like this is a really good mix. c:

Thanks for your comment, I do not know the genre very much, in your opinion I should down it to bass guitar?

Regards
not to sure what you mean. but I don't necessarily mix to genre. I just mix to my own style(per say) and do what sounds good, but also not letting certain things get out of control. Like I would say maybe lower the bass frequencies for the whole mix. Just trying to give some advice, not trying to be like a dick or something. But there can be too much bass in a mix. One thing that always helps, is to listen to your mix out on a normal car stereo. (Don't know the science of it) You can get an idea on how your low end is listening in car. Theres this one video that explains it well but can't find it. If I do i'll link it.
Or also I made an example of what I mean. I did some mastering on your mix and fixed what I meant, like bring the mids/highs up some and, and bringing down the low end and fixing some resonant stuff I was hearing.

.mp3    My MIx Hard - Mastered.mp3 --  (Download: 9.46 MB)

(27-09-2017, 04:43 AM)OmegaTheRed Wrote: Or also I made an example of what I mean. I did some mastering on your mix and fixed what I meant, like bring the mids/highs up some and, and bringing down the low end and fixing some resonant stuff I was hearing.

Your mix sounds incredible, I did not put so many high frequencies because I thought it was not the genre, but it is possible, I understand that you talk about making a master with fewer low frequencies, I understood well?

.mp3    My Hard Mix 2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.74 MB)

Yes you understood pretty well. The audio I posted was your mix, but fixed it up a little. My actual mix is here: http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/showt...?tid=20355 .
(27-09-2017, 05:24 AM)OmegaTheRed Wrote: Yes you understood pretty well. The audio I posted was your mix, but fixed it up a little. My actual mix is here: http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/showt...?tid=20355 .

OK! Thanks for this changes! learn too much about this genre.

Best Regards