Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Fever Groovy Mix
Had a lot of fun with this.
Just some positioning, a bit of reverb, and a lot of squishing.
Hopefully not to dark.
Comments appreciated.
Thanks for such high quality source!

[For some reason the playback engine wasn't working with your m4a file, so I've converted it to 320kpbs MP3 and reuploaded it. The quality seems not to have suffered, but feel free to reupdate the file from your original mix file if you wish -- Mike S.]

.mp3    Mirroman_Fever_GroovyYuvMix3.mp3 --  (Download: 8.89 MB)

Thanks for the kind words -- and glad you've had fun with it! Smile

Cool, almost retro atmospheric vibe you've gone for, which is a nice contrast to the original, rather spartan mix I did as the preview. A couple of suggestions: (1) The finger clicks don't seem to live in the same space the vocal signals -- not sure whether they're all feeding different reverbs or something. (2) The use of different tonalities or the two vocals does help separating them perceptually and in terms of apparent distance, but that causes musical problems when the lead/accompaniment roles swap over a various points in the arrangement. Personally, I think there's enough space in the mix with just the two voices that you don't have to worry too much about masking and separation -- in that respect this project is so simple that it pretty much mixes itself by virtue of the arrangement.

Always like hearing alternative perspectives, though, so thanks for posting! Smile

Thanks for the feedback Mike. You called it right on all points.
I tried a bit too hard to be the unseen musician and Exuberantly Over-Engineeredâ„¢

Looking forward to the next opportunity to try at delivering umami without fingerprints. Smile

(22-01-2018, 10:53 AM)Mike Senior Wrote: Thanks for the kind words -- and glad you've had fun with it! Smile

Cool, almost retro atmospheric vibe you've gone for, which is a nice contrast to the original, rather spartan mix I did as the preview. A couple of suggestions: (1) The finger clicks don't seem to live in the same space the vocal signals -- not sure whether they're all feeding different reverbs or something. (2) The use of different tonalities or the two vocals does help separating them perceptually and in terms of apparent distance, but that causes musical problems when the lead/accompaniment roles swap over a various points in the arrangement. Personally, I think there's enough space in the mix with just the two voices that you don't have to worry too much about masking and separation -- in that respect this project is so simple that it pretty much mixes itself by virtue of the arrangement.

Always like hearing alternative perspectives, though, so thanks for posting! Smile