Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Dice
New mix in the Comments

Cheers

K

.mp3    The Dice3.mp3 --  (Download: 13.8 MB)

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Version 2

I figured it was time to revisit this tune.
Cheers
K

Version 3

over compressed ver2 pulled the compressor of the main buss and processed it at a lower volume

Opened it up more.. just cant get it the way I hear it in my head.

.mp3    Lead Inc-The Dice2.mp3 --  (Download: 13.81 MB)

.mp3    Lead Inc-The Dice3.mp3 --  (Download: 13.81 MB)

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
You must've done something right, Kirk, because I hear kick drum clarity in your mix that I didn't achieve in my mix. There's also some tonal variations in the guitars that I very much like. The backup vocals aren't overpowering or lost in the background; very good balance all around on the monitors and in the cans.
Peace,
Dave
Mid 2019 Mac Pro; Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 USB2 audio interface; Logic Pro X; FabFilter C2, DS, L1, Q3, R, Saturn2, Timeless2 ; Native Instruments Komplete 13; Waves 12 Gold; Rokit 6 G3 monitors; AKG K240 MKII and Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro cans.
(30-05-2018, 05:20 PM)davemcg61 Wrote: You must've done something right, Kirk, because I hear kick drum clarity in your mix that I didn't achieve in my mix. There's also some tonal variations in the guitars that I very much like. The backup vocals aren't overpowering or lost in the background; very good balance all around on the monitors and in the cans.

Thanks for the kind words Dave .. Ill go have a listen to your mix

Edit: Ohhh I forgot to tell you...the bass drum was a double kick pedal, so I panned them slightly left and right and brought up the EQ in the 2 to 5k range to get a lot of air in the beaters to try and cut through.

Cheers

KirkBig Grin