Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Spirit Cold
BEAUTIFUL MIX!

Definitely the most delicate mix I have heard so far!

Kudos to you!

I don't find the panning off putting (hell, I panned it that way myself) and I just fell into the song.

Really well done!
Draper
(08-03-2018, 06:24 PM)OctopusOnFire Wrote: Hi K,

Nice tone and balance, good dynamics... it's a really solid mix, very musical and adding to the emotion of the song.
However, I wonder how did you do the panning. I feel like there's some hard panning and, with these tracks, it had to be a troublemaker. The guitar is on the left, and there's a lot of voice spill, so in the first half of the song the voices are not in the center, but leaning left. It can be distracting and it doesn't sound so much as an intended effect. On the louder section they focus in the middle since the cello comes up from the right, then everything sounds right in place.
Other than that, I enjoyed it a lot.

Cheers!

Hi Octo

Thanks for the feedbacks, its greatly appreciated

Cheers

KBig Grin
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
(09-03-2018, 07:55 AM)loweche6 Wrote: BEAUTIFUL MIX!

Definitely the most delicate mix I have heard so far!

Kudos to you!

I don't find the panning off putting (hell, I panned it that way myself) and I just fell into the song.

Really well done!
Draper

Hi Draper

Thanks for the listen and I really appreciate the kind words.

Cheers

KSmile

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.