Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
We are the children-of no one
Comments Welcome Big Grin

Gave it another try, cleaned up the low end and high. sounds a bit better to me. might have gone to dry

.mp3    We are the children.mp3 --  (Download: 8.35 MB)

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
(05-01-2018, 04:26 PM)KMuzic Wrote: Comments Welcome Big Grin

Gave it another try, cleaned up the low end and high. sounds a bit better to me. might have gone to dry

I hear a very clear, crisp mix, time well spent I would say. The verb is maybe a little dry as you say, but it is a clever move because not over doing the verb has prevented the mix from becoming muddy. Nice one!
Thanks Mick. that was a learning experience for me.. Thank you for your feedback. Ill probably mix it down one more time a bit more wet and correct a few other things i hear now.

thanks!
K Smile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Hey KMuzic,

very nice modern mix. This is the way I would like my mix to sound if I had mixed this.Blush

Cheers,
LukasAngel

Thanks Lukast, I really appreciate the comment,
Cheers
KSmile
Great mix. I particularly like the drum sound. Not many many can do that..
(27-06-2018, 07:27 AM)tuberob Wrote: Great mix. I particularly like the drum sound. Not many many can do that..

Thanks tuberob

I appreciate your taking the time to comment

Cheers
KSmile

Nice balances here. Just a personal taste, I’d tuck the doubled vocal in a little more behind the lead vocal. The toms are nice and rich too. Nice one.
We're all just a bunch of freqs in this crazy world.
(12-09-2018, 11:06 PM)Faders_up Wrote: Nice balances here. Just a personal taste, I’d tuck the doubled vocal in a little more behind the lead vocal. The toms are nice and rich too. Nice one.

Thanks Faders, Ill address that in the next version. Thanks for listening and commenting
Cheers
KSmile
Nice work K, you have gone for a sound and style that I would probably aim for. Listening through my monitors I reckon hearing some upper mid harshness with the drums, perhaps overheads. I wouldn't be too concerned though, as nobody else has picked up on this. It could be just my ears. Well Done Mate!