Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maybe-Unicorn Rodeo- NEW MIX
Definite challenge. tried to give it more of a live sounding snare. not my type of music, but had fun trying to figure everything out. its a mess..but ill let it sit like this till i learn more

Comments welcome
Cheers
KSmile

MIX 2

New mix in the comments below

Cheers

KBig Grin

.mp3    Maybe.mp3 --  (Download: 11.76 MB)

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
It´s all about having fun Wink

I hear a lot of the defective hi-hat track, gives it a nice edge with its distortion.
You could bring up the toms though, and eventually a bit more "smack" to the kick, it feels kinda soft.

Vocals down a bit, and you´re gonna have a good base mix to begin with Smile

cheers
Michael / UR
(06-01-2018, 02:31 PM)Mr.Bongo Wrote: It´s all about having fun Wink

I hear a lot of the defective hi-hat track, gives it a nice edge with its distortion.
You could bring up the toms though, and eventually a bit more "smack" to the kick, it feels kinda soft.

Vocals down a bit, and you´re gonna have a good base mix to begin with Smile

cheers
Michael / UR

Thanks Michael for the feedback. Ill add some more smack to BD, toms up and vocals down, I agree 100%. thanks again, this is the kind of feedback I need!

cheers
K

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Nice balance, and I like the tone of the guitars,
Drums sounds weak, snare specificly, perhaps its a problem with a phase, Vocal sound is nice but you should pull it down a bit.
Good Work Smile
(09-01-2018, 05:49 PM)Lethan Wrote: Nice balance, and I like the tone of the guitars,
Drums sounds weak, snare specificly, perhaps its a problem with a phase, Vocal sound is nice but you should pull it down a bit.
Good Work Smile

Thanks Lethan, Ill defiantly check the phase on the drums and pull the vocals back a bit. great feedback
Thanks
K
New Mix Top to Bottom ..Still not finished. have a lot of automation left to do on vocals and guitars

2nd Mix I added a little more grit

Comments Welcome

Cheers

KBig Grin

.mp3    Maybe-Unicorn Rodeo3.mp3 --  (Download: 12.69 MB)

.mp3    Maybe-3.mp3 --  (Download: 12.73 MB)

Hey KMuzic, i dig this mix, very smooth, only complaint is that the supertop seems a bit harsh, and maybe the vocals are a tiny to 400-600hz,ish but otherwise cool mix Smile
(02-02-2018, 08:25 PM)crownoise Wrote: Hey KMuzic, i dig this mix, very smooth, only complaint is that the supertop seems a bit harsh, and maybe the vocals are a tiny to 400-600hz,ish but otherwise cool mix Smile

Hey Crownoise!

Thanks for the feedback.. With clean ears I see what your saying..I'm still working on it and Ill address the issues you mentioned and repost soon.

Thanks for the feedback, it really helps

Cheers!

KSmile