Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Signs_Zeno
My first mix of this song... what a monster! Learned a lot from this one, I have taken inspiration from various other mixes of this song that have been posted, I used Mike Seniors mix as the main reference... He's good aint he! I have heard a few things I would like to tweek since I finished this, so I will be going over it one more time to iron out a couple of things. Hope you enjoy and thanks for listening, it's always appreciated.

.mp3    Signs.mp3 --  (Download: 8.8 MB)

Hey Mick
I enjoyed your take on this , really liked the way the music wrapped nicely around the vocal, smooth and dreamlandy, is that a word?..lol
nice Job
Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
(11-01-2018, 07:11 AM)KMuzic Wrote: Hey Mick
I enjoyed your take on this , really liked the way the music wrapped nicely around the vocal, smooth and dreamlandy, is that a word?..lol
nice Job
Cheers
KSmile

Hi KMuzic. Dreamlandy, I can live with that lol. Thanks for the input, nice one. I will return to this one though because after playing it in the car, I noticed that the kick is very soft and the guitars are a bit too harsh in the chorus, vox need longer verb/delay in certain parts to fill in the gaps more. (I have other idea's I want to add also). That's just me being picky, but I'm sure you would agree it's all about the detail, and its all part of the fun. Your mixes are sounding so good, I hope to emulate this one day, happy mixing fella.
Hey Mick
Its official then, Dreamlandy is now part of music lingo. lol That's the true test, playing the song in the car or on a crappy home stereo. If it sounds good there its a keeper.
I just downloaded this song last night after listening to your mix, it inspired me to give it a shot. sounds like a tricky one to me.. might have it up in a few days.

Take care
Keep Mixin!

Cheers

KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
(12-01-2018, 04:16 AM)KMuzic Wrote: Hey Mick
Its official then, Dreamlandy is now part of music lingo. lol That's the true test, playing the song in the car or on a crappy home stereo. If it sounds good there its a keeper.
I just downloaded this song last night after listening to your mix, it inspired me to give it a shot. sounds like a tricky one to me.. might have it up in a few days.

Take care
Keep Mixin!

Cheers

KSmile

Hi KMuzic, Dreamlandy yeh! it's official now... Sweet mate. Looking forward to your mix, great that you got inspired. It took me a while to finish the mix and others have said it's a tricky little number, best of luck with it, I'm sure you'll enjoy it Rolleyes
Hey Mick
Yeah I gave it a shot, came out a complete mess..lol Having problems with Cubase locking up, I think it more my computer than Cubase, so I had to keep bouncing down and ended up over compressing and trying to chase the mix., I'm using reaper for a while and have no clue, mixed a song tonight and it didn't succeed....having a bad run, but it will get better....Have a great day!

Cheers

KSmile
(15-01-2018, 05:58 AM)KMuzic Wrote: Hey Mick
Yeah I gave it a shot, came out a complete mess..lol Having problems with Cubase locking up, I think it more my computer than Cubase, so I had to keep bouncing down and ended up over compressing and trying to chase the mix., I'm using reaper for a while and have no clue, mixed a song tonight and it didn't succeed....having a bad run, but it will get better....Have a great day!

Cheers

KSmile

Hi KMuzic... Yeeech computers! They're fantastic when working ok, but a nightmare when they're being tempra-mental. I feel your pain my friend, we've all been there, best of luck with it all Undecided