Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Woodfire: 'Haunted House' MikeGoPro Mix
Here's another mix from the 2017 files, I have about a dozen more to upload, enjoy.

And as always feel free to make comments, good or bad.

.mp3    Woodfire_HauntedHouse_MikeGoPro Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 8.97 MB)

(02-01-2018, 05:42 AM)MikeGoPro Wrote: Here's another mix from the 2017 files, I have about a dozen more to upload, enjoy.

And as always feel free to make comments, good or bad.

Here's a revision. I think I need to automate the vocals more and adjust the levels overall, but here it is anyway.

Cheers!

.mp3    Woodfire_HauntedHouse MikeGoPro Revision.mp3 --  (Download: 8.97 MB)

Hey Mike

Checked both of them out, wow, 2 totally different vibes, but the balance and blend is much better on the revision. The drums are kickin and I like where you went with the bass. There is a weird surge in the vocal, I'm not familiar with the song, but did you have to gate the vocal? or maybe its over compressed, Don't get me wrong...I like the grit and tone, fits nicely with the vibe. Just trying to figure out what the surge is..lol..could be my brain surging!

Hey.. early congrats on your 100th post

Later

KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
(28-01-2018, 01:44 AM)KMuzic Wrote: Hey Mike

Checked both of them out, wow, 2 totally different vibes, but the balance and blend is much better on the revision. The drums are kickin and I like where you went with the bass. There is a weird surge in the vocal, I'm not familiar with the song, but did you have to gate the vocal? or maybe its over compressed, Don't get me wrong...I like the grit and tone, fits nicely with the vibe. Just trying to figure out what the surge is..lol..could be my brain surging!

Hey.. early congrats on your 100th post

Later

KSmile

Hey KMuzic

About that weird surge I think its some clip gain edits. But it could be some weird compression on the bus or the inserts. I'll check it out soon, I know I did some automation moves that might be the culprit.
But I hear it as well, at the beginning of some of the words right?

Hey thanks for commenting, and you know what, I didn't even know I reached my 100th post, thanks again! Cool