Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maggie May
Hi,
this is my mix, the snare is supercompressed but now I have to go to bed (4 am here Big Grin ). For the rest I'm happy.
Marco

.m4a    Man about dog - Maggie May.m4a --  (Download: 5.29 MB)

I like the wild feeling in your mix.

I agree with you about snare. Some loud snare hits kind of die because of compressor.

THis version is already a very good, but if you plan to do an another version, you might try to darken something with the drums just a little bit. I'm not sure if it works, but it might give you even more natural live feeling to your mix. Now the drums are spatially back but still in front.
(29-07-2013, 11:56 AM)Olli H Wrote: I like the wild feeling in your mix.

I agree with you about snare. Some loud snare hits kind of die because of compressor.

THis version is already a very good, but if you plan to do an another version, you might try to darken something with the drums just a little bit. I'm not sure if it works, but it might give you even more natural live feeling to your mix. Now the drums are spatially back but still in front.

Glad you like it Holli,
there's not a plan for another version... but I'll try your suggestion on drum, also reducing compression, if I like the result I will post it again, thank you.
I would agree for the snare too.Also the stere image is narrow.I like how the vocals sit on the mix.
Keep up