Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Children of No-one-Bill Chudziak/3rd Mix
This is another mix of this great song, worked hard on the drum sound following excellent advice from Takka360 (thanks for that, I hope I've done it justice), I also used more volume and plug-in automation throughout, amongst other things. Thanks for listening, it's always appreciated.

.mp3    3rdMM_Children of no-one.mp3 --  (Download: 8.3 MB)

(01-01-2018, 04:37 PM)Mick Robinson Wrote: This is another mix of this great song, worked hard on the drum sound following excellent advice from Takka360 (thanks for that, I hope I've done it justice), I also used more volume and plug-in automation throughout, amongst other things. Thanks for listening, it's always appreciated.

Love the intro. nice job!
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Nice one ,bit too much compression its pumping a tad
The vox get a little lost here and there too at times
You got those drums rocking .
(05-01-2018, 10:38 PM)KMuzic Wrote:
(01-01-2018, 04:37 PM)Mick Robinson Wrote: This is another mix of this great song, worked hard on the drum sound following excellent advice from Takka360 (thanks for that, I hope I've done it justice), I also used more volume and plug-in automation throughout, amongst other things. Thanks for listening, it's always appreciated.

Love the intro. nice job!

Thanks for the kind comment KMuzic, I appreciate that. I had a lot of fun with this one and I am glad that you liked it... Cheers!
(06-01-2018, 12:35 AM)takka360 Wrote: Nice one ,bit too much compression its pumping a tad
The vox get a little lost here and there too at times
You got those drums rocking .

Hi Alan, I have to agree with your comments as they are spot on. I am still learning the art of compression but lovin it. The credit goes to you for the drum sound following your advice. On reflection, the vox have got buried here and there, I will put it down to experience and maybe come back to it another day when I have more learning under my belt. Thanks again for the comments and for listening, as ever, it is always appreciated, cheers! By the way, I really enjoy listening to your other mixes that you post, your experience shows.
Wow, very impressive what you have pulled off there. Intro sounds excellent.

Just a small tip, try high-passing your masterbusses sidechain so that the kick hit's dont get turned so much (which is causing some of the pumping).

The thing (what instrument is this) comes in at 2:18 causes a lot of low and low-mid mess maybe look for some rumble or build up there.

Bass is a bit undefined it you cant really here individual notes, maybe some boosting of 300HZ for growl, and 1k for definition would help.

Drums sound excellent but kick and snare could be hitting me a little harder Wink

Overall a very good mix.

Cheers,
LukasAngel
(07-01-2018, 11:16 AM)LukasL Wrote: Wow, very impressive what you have pulled off there. Intro sounds excellent.

Just a small tip, try high-passing your masterbusses sidechain so that the kick hit's dont get turned so much (which is causing some of the pumping).

The thing (what instrument is this) comes in at 2:18 causes a lot of low and low-mid mess maybe look for some rumble or build up there.

Bass is a bit undefined it you cant really here individual notes, maybe some boosting of 300HZ for growl, and 1k for definition would help.

Drums sound excellent but kick and snare could be hitting me a little harder Wink

Overall a very good mix.

Cheers,
LukasAngel

Thanks Lukas, that is helpful and concise advice, I appreciate it very much. I will def look at all the points you made... Cheers!