Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First mix for me. Perhaps the first of the year?
Hi all,
I'm a newbie in the mixing: I bought a mixer, and I have to mix. So it is my first try.

As suggested I tried with this session. I used Ardour to send tracks to separate channels in the mixer souncard, and i've mixed and recorded them with it. I added a room effect at the end of the chain.

Thanks for opinion and suggestions.

I apologize for my bad English and wish you an happy new year.

Leo

.mp3    HungDncN5.mp3 --  (Download: 2.6 MB)

Ardour 5, Behringer X32 compact, Yamaha HS7
Hi All,

I've revisited this song after a little more experience.

Hope you enjoy.

Cheers

.mp3    HungDncN5_2_Norm.mp3 --  (Download: 3.63 MB)

Good job, brighter and more energetic with a better sense of space, like a new recording compared to the 1st. Nice reedy tone on the woodwind and good rhythmic feel coming though on the guitar.
(25-03-2018, 05:59 AM)AnalogBinary Wrote: Good job, brighter and more energetic with a better sense of space, like a new recording compared to the 1st. Nice reedy tone on the woodwind and good rhythmic feel coming though on the guitar.

Just aligned tracks and reduced reverb. In the sax and in the guitar direct I've used an effect of my console called "Sound maxer", rather than EQ.

(25-03-2018, 05:59 AM)AnalogBinary Wrote: Good job, brighter and more energetic with a better sense of space, like a new recording compared to the 1st. Nice reedy tone on the woodwind and good rhythmic feel coming though on the guitar.
i concur...nothing to add... Good job from the first to this...Keep up the good work