Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Gokyuzu
Comments appreciated Smile

Thanks
K

MIX 2

This was one of the first mix's I did when I joined, and had forgot about it. So I figured it was time for a redo and see if I have made any progress. I took Lethans suggestion and worked on the snare. Tried to emulate Takkas snare on his mix of this song. So I stripped it down and started from scratch.
Have a Listen and let me know what you think

Cheers

KSmile

.mp3    Gokyuzu B mix.mp3 --  (Download: 7.78 MB)

.mp3    Gokyuzu3 mix.mp3 --  (Download: 7.8 MB)

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Yeap. Finished listening. Nice work, well balanced. The only thing i would work on is snare sound. Some reverb I guess would help. Guitars sound great. Well done.
(15-01-2018, 05:59 PM)Lethan Wrote: Yeap. Finished listening. Nice work, well balanced. The only thing i would work on is snare sound. Some reverb I guess would help. Guitars sound great. Well done.

Thanks for the listen Lethan and the feedback, good call, the snare is kinda mushy and lifeless. When I revisit it Ill take your advise and give it a try.
Thanks again

KSmile

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
I started over again..lol New mix.. Top to Bottom.

Let me know what you think.