Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ripe: '4 Out Of 10'_mix Tommy Marcinek
AngelAngelAngel

Great live performance! I put a lot of work into this. I certainly hope it paid off. Experimented with a lot of different approaches and settled on this one, which I like a lot. Hope you like it too.

Tom

-------------UPDATE---------------

Many thanks to those of you who gave me excellent commentaries and suggestions. Sooooooooooooooooo, I went back in and spent EVEN MORE tons of time on this (my final version is: 4 Out Of 10_12_M.mp3). Went back and completely redid the vocal and many of the tracks. This mix seems to have the correct balance overall. Hope you agree. This was a nice challenge and excellent practice....I think everyone will agree on that.

Happy New Year to all.....

Later............

Tom

.mp3    4 Out Of 10_12_M.mp3 --  (Download: 9.2 MB)

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
Hey tjtruth, really smooth top-end, which i could trade that for my song Smile (Y) I want a litle more punch in mids and lower mids in drums otherwise smooth mix Smile (Y) good job
(30-12-2017, 10:46 PM)crownoise Wrote: Hey tjtruth, really smooth top-end, which i could trade that for my song Smile (Y) I want a litle more punch in mids and lower mids in drums otherwise smooth mix Smile (Y) good job

---------
Crownoise, thanks for the comments. Yeah, I like my mix but there are some problems and I'm going to re-do the lead vocal and I don't like the distortion plugins I used on the guitars.....gonna can that idea and go with the original gtr sounds. So, I'll be revisiting this one again sooooooooooooooooooon. :-) I like the drum sound, though, toms sounds nice.

Tom
P.S. Gonna check out your mix

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
Sounds good! Something fishy about the snare. If you're planning on revisiting, I'd check the reverb levels. Still, sounds very solid and coherent. Good mixing. ^_^
Hey Tom, I quite like your overall approach with this mix, I think it's mainly the reverb that needs to be changed up a bit. I would reduce the amount of reverb by at least 50%. The vocals have a strange honky thing going on, not sure if that is a result of the reverb choice though. You've clearly paid a lot of attention to the top-end of the mix as it certainly sounds very open. I agree with kapu regarding the snare too, to my ears it sounds a bit thin and scratchy. Cheers, Mick
The snare is very thin sounding .There is also a lot of 3-5 k in there which is a bit harsh to listen too.
Lots of good stuff too in there .
I had a play with your it had too much 3 k and 9 k
That's your snare problem sorted too

.mp3    eq revision.mp3 --  (Download: 9.16 MB)

Hey Tom ,
I can hear the work you have put into this mix sounds nice and solid Ilove the punch of the drums and growl of the bass guitar!
The toms are popping out of the mix a touch more than the kick beater which is totally not acceptable lol .
Can hear some reverb with mainly the snare and vocals in the side channels which the others maybe referring to also ?

Nice one !

Don

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts