Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
perpetual escape, Duty & memory mix
Hi everyone ! I'm new on this forum and to introduce myself i present you my version of this song.

I realy enjoyed to work on it, it have some interesting prog metal and electro grooves !

Let me know what you think about it ! Smile

.mp3    perpetual escape first (no master).mp3 --  (Download: 12.64 MB)

I'm curious which effect was used on the snare (top only, I think)? It's cool, accenting the theme of the the song, like gunshots, but a little overpowering, getting in the way of other stuff around it.
Peace,
Dave
Mid 2019 Mac Pro; Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 USB2 audio interface; Logic Pro X; FabFilter C2, DS, L1, Q3, R, Saturn2, Timeless2 ; Native Instruments Komplete 13; Waves 12 Gold; Rokit 6 G3 monitors; AKG K240 MKII and Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro cans.
I used only EQ and Reverb on the snare , then I compressed it a bit, this snare is not really easy to work with, I shot down the 570Hz and up the 3.5kHz and 6kHz average !

Thank you for your comment!
Hey man ! Thank you for mixing our music Smile

Overall your mix is pretty boxy. It sounds balanced (drums vs bass vs guitars vs vocals) but very centered. The snare however is wayyy too loud and take all the attention.

So I would suggest you to pan things a lot, like using LCR technique. Also, don't forget to reference your mix with pro level tunes so you'll know how your mix should sound within the whole spectrum.

Keep it up !
hi!

Thanks a lot for your advices !