Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why are most of you on here
I see 5 mixes at the top this page today with over 200 views and not one of them people have given them mixes feedback.
Its supposed to be a mixing community, helping people with
advice etc
(24-12-2017, 10:23 PM)takka360 Wrote: I see 5 mixes at the top this page today with over 200 views and not one of them people have given them mixes feedback.
Its supposed to be a mixing community, helping people with
advice etc

I agree that the point of the community is to support each other with feedback (as stated in The Three Commandments), but I'm not sure we'll be able to shame anyone into doing it. I've always thought it's best to lead by example. Besides, people who don't post feedback usually receive very little. I noticed some people have put a kind of 'pay it forward' comment into their forum signature, which I thought was quite a good idea. However, there's space for lurkers here too, I reckon, if the material helps them bring new music to a finished state.

Maybe I'm in too much of a post-prandial 'God Bless us everyone!' state at the moment, though. Now where did I put that glass... ? Wink

Happy xmas Mike
I need to get back into it. I only pop in once in a while these days. I'll admit to getting a bit overwhelmed with trying to analyze and critique mixes and it's just a bit fatiguing to think about getting back into it. I'm generally of the mindset to try to give more in depth feedback and it takes up a grand bit of time to listen to a mix a few times and try to come up with some valid points to say. Plus, I'm up against the limitations of my monitoring situation so it's hard for me to be sure what's an issue for a mix or what's an issue for my earbuds.

Like anything else I'm slow to get back into things but I'll see what I can do over the next few days/mix cycle.

Cheers.