Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dopler Shift (Zachary Cox Mix)
This is my 3rd track i've mixed on this website and would love any feedback you could give me on this, or any, track.

Really enjoyed mixing this track, lots of power to play with in the recording.
The only thing i found was the vocals in the chorus seemed distorted in parts. To counteract this I split the verse/chorus vocals onto separate tracks and mixed them separately. The chorus vocals are rather heavily processed with a synthesised vocal harmony.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!!

Zac

.mp3    Dopler Shift (First Mix).mp3 --  (Download: 12.07 MB)

Music Tech Student.
London College of Music.
During the verses I like how you've tried to bring the guitars forward and maybe have the drums further back but I think there is a happier medium to be found as the drums seem to me to be almost lost, buried beneath everything else and the guitars are overpowering the vocal.
You really did a good job on this. You addressed the chorus vocal perfectly, and in a nut sell captured the vibe of the entire song.

j^
(26-07-2013, 06:29 PM)ZCox44 Wrote: This is my 3rd track i've mixed on this website and would love any feedback you could give me on this, or any, track.

Really enjoyed mixing this track, lots of power to play with in the recording.
The only thing i found was the vocals in the chorus seemed distorted in parts. To counteract this I split the verse/chorus vocals onto separate tracks and mixed them separately. The chorus vocals are rather heavily processed with a synthesised vocal harmony.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!!

Zac

Sorry, I dont liked!

Too much synts, too much e piano, overall, very unbalanced!