Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ben Carrigan - Hey Carrie Anne :: Milo Sheppard
Here's my mix.

As always, feedback greatly appreciated Smile

.mp3    Ben Carrigan - Hey Carrie Anne Mix1 master.mp3 --  (Download: 5.48 MB)

I really like it. Especially the vocal quality except for the sibilance. The drums at the end feel a little loud and out of place but I think that's part of the arrangement. It seems weird that they're there for such a short time at the end and feel distracting. Personally I'd consider bringing them down and maybe add a bunch of reverb and put them in the back.

Hope that helps.
(30-06-2017, 03:39 AM)RoyMatthews Wrote: I really like it. Especially the vocal quality except for the sibilance. The drums at the end feel a little loud and out of place but I think that's part of the arrangement. It seems weird that they're there for such a short time at the end and feel distracting. Personally I'd consider bringing them down and maybe add a bunch of reverb and put them in the back.

Hope that helps.

Hi Roy,

Thanks very much for your input. After listening back, I agree with you about the drum volume at the end. The vocal sibilance was definitely an overlooked issue too.

Here's a revised mixed based on your feedback.

Once again, thanks for listening.

Milo

.mp3    Ben Carrigan - Hey Carrie Anne Mix2 fixed master.mp3 --  (Download: 4.16 MB)

Well done. This is a great mix. Great clarity and a nice balance. I listened to both versions and I definitely prefer the second version.
What was your strategy for treatment of the vocals? They came out nice and clear and pop nicely in the mix.
Presonus Studio One 3