Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Triviul: 'Alright?' Mix
Triviul: 'Alright?' Mix

Didn't know this song was on here, Thx Philip Wink

Had some problems with the drum stem, filtering the high end was one of my solutions for it, to tame the hi heat.

+edit, De ess the vocals some more.

.mp3    Triviul_Alright_MIX.03.mp3 --  (Download: 8.39 MB)

.mp3    Triviul_Alright_MIX.03.01.mp3 --  (Download: 8.39 MB)

Vox seem a bit loud in places and I think you have stripped too much top off the drums
the snare sounds a bit dull and boxy .
(13-12-2017, 06:12 PM)takka360 Wrote: Vox seem a bit loud in places and I think you have stripped too much top off the drums
the snare sounds a bit dull and boxy .
Yah think your right find it difficult to make it sound right, did allrighty an edit, maybe go back again. Thx for listening.
I think the problem with the voice may be the compression. It comes forward a lot when there's few other things playing and goes back when there's more. It could be automation as well. The breath ins are also quite noticeable, in the verses.
ITB Setup: Reaper, Airwindows, IK Multimedia TR5, XLN AD2 ATrigger and RC-20, Waves.
Monitoring: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII, Behritone, Sennheiser HD 650. Semi-treated room.

Hey there.

Nice mix. One thing I noticed that nobody else has mentioned: the vocals sound slightly boomy somewhere in the lower mids range. Apart from that I really like it. Smile

Keep it up!
Most mixes done in Reaper or Bitwig on a MacBook Pro using Sony MDR-7506 headphones and some hifi system with old Saba speakers in a small-ish untreated room. If I commented on your mix, please check the board for my mix and reciprocate. :) Thank you!