Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salon8_Gokyuzu_Mix
Salon8_Gokyuzu_Mix

.mp3    Salon8_Gokyuzu_Mix.01_01.mp3 --  (Download: 7.93 MB)

(06-12-2017, 10:34 PM)August Wrote: Salon8_Gokyuzu_Mix

+ Edit

.mp3    Salon8_Gokyuzu_Mix.02_01.mp3 --  (Download: 7.93 MB)

I enjoy this mix very much! Everything bends together well. Nice use of effects on the guitars (haven’t heard any other mix or the original, so I don’t know how the parts were originally).

Two things I think could be improved a little. (It could also be my headphones which I am new to.) I miss a little sparkle at the top. It sounds as though you mixed all or most of the top end a little to quiet or turned up the low end a little too much. Also the vocals get a little buried sometimes. Could be just the missing top end or that it’s mixed a little to quiet.

Great work. Love it.
Had to give it a listen on another pair of headphones I know better. I don't miss any sparkle anymore, so I think it's just my headphones. However, I still think maybe a the bass instruments could maybe be a lowered a tad and at some points the vocal seems to get a little buried, so maybe it could be turned up a little bit.

Very tiny adjustments to my ears. Sounds great overall. (And by the way, I am pretty new to this, so take my comments with a pinch of salt!)
(10-12-2017, 09:40 AM)mojbro Wrote: Had to give it a listen on another pair of headphones I know better. I don't miss any sparkle anymore, so I think it's just my headphones. However, I still think maybe a the bass instruments could maybe be a lowered a tad and at some points the vocal seems to get a little buried, so maybe it could be turned up a little bit.

Very tiny adjustments to my ears. Sounds great overall. (And by the way, I am pretty new to this, so take my comments with a pinch of salt!)

Nice to hear from you Mojbro,

I agree the bass en the lowend is a bit to much, think that i'm gonna change that bit. Thx for listening and your comments!

Of course!

I actually listened to this same mix in the car too, which is quite boomy. It was clear there that the low end needs some tidying up (probably just some EQ or just lowering the bass volume a little). Its interesting to see how different a mix can sound on different sound system. I've listened to your mix on two pairs of headphones (one of which I am quiet used to) and in the car. Quiet different problems appeared. With my "studio" headphones which I use the most (audio technica ath m50x) it sounded pretty good. The top end was clear, the vocals were fairly clear and the low-end wasn't very boomy. Just a little. But putting on that same track on some less perfect systems (such as more "hi-fi" headphones and my car) obviously let me discover things my 'good' headphones didn't reveal. I'm gonna make that a lesson for myself – to listen to my mixes in multiple setups before I consider myself done!
Kick is huge Smile Just too BIG. Takes too much attention. Bass would need some work too. Nice solo guitar tone, really like it.
Hi August
I agree, the low end is really booming. I would try on the bass drum and the bass guitar to re-EQ them and try cutting everything from 100hz-120hz down, It Might clean it up a lot because the rest of the mix sounds really good to me, well balanced, nice vocal and guitars .. fix the bass and the BD and you've got a winnerSmile

Cheers

KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.