Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Scott Studio Mix
Hi guys! I'm new here. This is my mix

Thanks

.mp3    LATIN - CHIRINOS.mp3 --  (Download: 6.85 MB)

Welcome to the fun. Your mix sounds pretty good but I think you might have over did it a bit with master bus compression.
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
Agree with bmullen I think this sounds like a good mix but seems like it has too much bus compression on it, but should be easy enough to fix.
Thanks man, but the master bus is almost uncompressed. The only compressor in the master chain is the SSLcomp with a 2:1 ratio, barely percibible. You may think it's compressed because of the samples I used, which are also almost not compressed at all.
Nice mix.
I think perc and piano could be up just a little.
Gtr sound a little thin. Could use some low mids maybe?
And "solo" acgtr could be more up.
Practice your analytic listening skills.
Listen others mixes and give feedback.
Become a better mixer.
Yes, it does indeed sound very compressed. The kick and bass are MUCH too loud and get in each other's way, which add's to the impression of heavy compression.

Overall the panning and the frequency balance seem to be working, but it's hard to listen to any details until the low end is fixed.

Regards,
Steffen
uuuuuuuuup
I like the kick sound and your vocals!! The kick is indeed in the middle of other sounds as people have said already, but that shouldn't be hard to fix with re-balancing and EQ.

Cheers! Smile
Hello again!
I really like the drums, but I think they would fit better in a heavier song. All the other instruments aren't audible enough in this one, I think you should lower the rhythm section a bit relative to the rest of the instruments. The kit is too reverby, if that doesn't get fixed by lowering the rhythm section in the mix, then maybe you should adjust your drum sends to the reverb.

Also, do you mind sharing your kick and snare processing (compressor, EQ etc.)? That kick kicks ass! Big Grin
Thanks man, I uploaded a new file. I can give you a hint on the kick: Randy Staub.
Snare has 2 tracks of samples along with the original one. One that is a combination of 3 own samples + Steven Slate Snare 08, and another track that is only the Snare 08 Room + Old Zep Room. Since the Drums didn't have any room track, I sent all tracks to a instance of Altiverb with a small-medium-sized room. The Snare room is then sent to a reverb plate automated to work only on choruses. If you'd like to know something else, feel free to ask!

Best regards,

Sebastián

.mp3    Sebastian_Chirinos_Angels_Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 6.84 MB)