Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woodfire: 'Haunted House' kapu mix
Somehow reminds of P.U.S.A. ^_^

EDIT: Added some Scooby Doo, because it's a haunted house.

.m4a    woodfire-__haunted_house__kapu_mix.m4a --  (Download: 8.94 MB)

I love it kapu!!! Awesome addition to the song, it changes the vibe completely for good. Very creative. Sounds great too. i love the flanging, phasey effect on the vocals. How do you achieve that?
Cheers
(05-12-2017, 03:16 PM)javierpg84 Wrote: I love it kapu!!! [...]

Thanks! The flangy effect on vocals is just basic chorus, with rate of somewhere between 0.5-1 Hz, intensity/depth at around 50% and about 40% mix. Stock Chorus plugin from Logic Pro X. ^_^
Many cool ideas. It sound good, maybe to much compression (main bus/groups)?
(10-12-2017, 11:32 PM)konop_tnt Wrote: Many cool ideas. [...]

Thanks for feedback! Drum group is definitely smashed to bits. I kind of like to do that. Maybe went too far here. ^_^
Kapu

I read your post about adding the Scooby Doo before listening ....and it cracked me up when I heard it. But, it works so well in the mix! Very creative. Vocal treatment is really good. Nice job.

Rook
(11-12-2017, 03:55 AM)Rook Wrote: Kapu

I read your post [...]

Rook

Thanks! I'm now strongly considering of adding also the Hammonds of Horror, as they too could fit in nicely. ^_^
Cool version love the added key's !
listening to other versions after listening to yours I keep hearing your haunted house sound in my head lol
Oh yes I can imagine a creepy Vincent price church organ would sound awesome especially coming in around 2.45 would sound awesome during the solo !

Nice work !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(11-12-2017, 09:06 AM)thedon Wrote: Cool version love the added key's ! [...]

Thanks! I was thinking more like some cheap Yamaha PSR-keyboards 'spooky organ' preset with notoriously uninteresting schlager pop voicings. ^_^
Added some more Scooby Doo and updated the file. Think I really nailed the solo and the progression before it. ^_^