Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i hate these mix offs
so....
A. the recording is phenomenal and there is little skill to make this sound good all you have to do is pan to violas and you are basically done. give us a challenge and dont pre mix it! lol
(23-11-2017, 04:16 PM)otwstudio Wrote: so....
A. the recording is phenomenal and there is little skill to make this sound good all you have to do is pan to violas and you are basically done. give us a challenge and dont pre mix it! lol

This is not just a mix-off, it is a chance to learn from other approaches. That you can create so many perspectives by the way this is balanced and panned is educational for those of us who do not often work in this genre.

By the way, which side is the bass on? And the second violins?
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
"Little skill to make this sound good".... really?
Sure, the tracks are good - but isn't there a certain 'finesse' required when it comes to mixing classical music?
It's the many little moves that bring out the sound, rather than big sweeping ones. I think MITC (above) is right
on the money when it comes to the intended purpose of the tracks. They are really nicely recorded and I suppose
to some extent they *could* stand on their own in a rough balance, but learning how to make everything sound
better is (for me) where the real interest is through sharing our different approcaches.
Please consider becoming a patron of Cambridge Music Technology to help Mike keep this Awesome Educational Site Alive! -- https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts
(23-11-2017, 04:16 PM)otwstudio Wrote: so....

so... where's the mix?