Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rubblebucket: 'Carousel Ride'
A lovely intimate performance,

I mixed this one some time ago, but felt it was missing something.... A few weeks on, and I'm still not too sure about this one.Undecided Anyway, it is what it is.

Thanks for listening.

.mp3    Rubblebucket_CarouselRide_Dangerous#1.mp3 --  (Download: 9.74 MB)

Morning, Dave! I like the slappy reverb over the right side, it's a smart way to spread a little such a sparse arrangement without going against its intimate nature. I can imagine the band close to each other, like an ancient video of Arcade Fire playing in an elevator I saw once. Natural and earthy sounding. And voice sounds very good, too.

I cannot check mono right now, but the trumpet riff sounds maybe a little too enveloping on headphones, like it had a pseudo stereo effect or something (maybe it's just the reverb), I'm wondering how mono compatible it is.

Overall, very enjoyable listening!
(02-08-2018, 09:07 AM)Deliza Wrote: Morning, Dave! I like the slappy reverb over the right side, it's a smart way to spread a little such a sparse arrangement without going against its intimate nature. I can imagine the band close to each other, like an ancient video of Arcade Fire playing in an elevator I saw once. Natural and earthy sounding. And voice sounds very good, too.

I cannot check mono right now, but the trumpet riff sounds maybe a little too enveloping on headphones, like it had a pseudo stereo effect or something (maybe it's just the reverb), I'm wondering how mono compatible it is.

Overall, very enjoyable listening!

Thanks for checking this out Deliza.
It's been some time since I worked on this so I'm not too sure on the details of what was done. As you pointed out with the reverb, I did try to open the mix out a little and the right hand reverb seemed to help offset the slightly panned guitar. Not sure what I did with the trumpet, although I'm wondering if I did use Acon Digital Multiply to try and add some gentle width. A plugin I quite often use for a stereo effect. I'll have to go back in to the project for a look.
Thanks again for listening and commenting. I feel a bit happier about this mix now.Smile

Dave