Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
M.E.R.C. Music: 'Knockout'
M.E.R.C. Music: 'Knockout'

My first mix with my new Avantone mix cubes active monitors. Excuse any issues with tonal balances, I am still getting used to these new monitors.

.mp3    MERC.mp3 --  (Download: 9.87 MB)

Congratulations Excellent choice of monitors I had a listen at my local music shop and they sounded impressive and perfect for small rooms they did sound a little fuller ,and still as revealing but a little smoother ,than my old 1980 auratones which isn't a bad thing , when they die I will definitely get a pair.
I find using the small mixcubes with hd600 headphones using waves NX with Correction solo Eq only (It also has a AKG 702 setting ) (without using room simulation as there are to many hollow high frequencies )Even though I have a treated room it is no way near perfect so Listening on small mix cubes and headphones with NX Eq solo only is a good way of checking the low Frequencies on headphones especially low frequencies in the side channels which I'm unable to hear on mixcubes or NS 10's.

Well Done Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Thank you for your comments thedon. I am glad you like the Avantones and use the Auratones for referencing. I confess that when I listen to them the first time I was like ohhh snap! This sounds so bad and I will have to work so hard to get it right that it will be awesome. The greatest feeling in the world is working knowing I am not being fooled by the monitors or the room. The Avantones are so dull and not responsive in the low frequencies that I see myself paying attention to these regions. I have to thank our common friend Maxheadroom (Maxine). She was the one who recommended me this monitors and they do work and sound great for what they are intended, the holy mid range. Not bad for $500 USD for a pair. These are hand down the most affordable enclosed monitors right now in the market.
This is the best mix of this song I've heard. I really like what you did with the bass and sub region on this song and how you highlighted it... but all in all this is mixed really well. Every element has space and isn't fighting or stomping over one another. Nice job hear.
(08-07-2018, 12:38 AM)schwiz Wrote: This is the best mix of this song I've heard. I really like what you did with the bass and sub region on this song and how you highlighted it... but all in all this is mixed really well. Every element has space and isn't fighting or stomping over one another. Nice job hear.

schwiz, thank you for listening to my mix and for your comments. I am glad you liked it. I don't remember doing anything special on this track for the bass region. I think I boosted like 4 or 5db in a Pultec at 60Hz for the kick. I didn't do any boosting on the bass, I think I used a tiny bit of Lowender plugin flavor for the bass track. Take care and keep on mixing