Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Angels In Amplifiers: 'I'm Alright' (critiques plz)
Hey guys,

here is my mix of this track, which was pretty unproblematic. Please leave feedback Big Grin

Okay 4 Months later and I remixed this completley from scratch. I'd say I improved a lot comparing the new version (v3) to the old one (v1). Better mono compatebilty, more impactful drums and fuller low-mids. Hope someone checks this out and leaves some critique.

New Version:
Aimed for a fairy natural, but still dense and polished sounding mix. I tried to stay away from that dreaded solo button, hope this works. Let me know what you think!

Cheers,
LukasAngel

.mp3    AngelsinAmplifiers_I\'mAlright_v1.mp3 --  (Download: 6.87 MB)

.mp3    AngelsInAmplifiers_I\'m Alright_v3.mp3 --  (Download: 6.85 MB)

.mp3    AngelsInAmplifiers_ImAlright_new.mp3 --  (Download: 4.11 MB)

Hi!

I checked out all 3 mixes.

All pretty good really, and quite interesting from a progression perspective. They are all going for a similar tone and balance.

v1 maybe a touch shy and perhaps a bit too much reverb. v3 is more confident sounding, more upfront, better reverb. I think this one is my favourite of the 3. I think the 'new' mix might be a just a touch bright in the 1-5k region (possibly 3k ish) to me? Mix v3 sounds just a little more cohesive and balanced frequency wise to me I think, maybe it has just a little more in the low mids area too perhaps?

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Hallo Lukas,

A good mix. I like panning. I have checked your mix in my monitors and headphones, as well as in my car. In my opinion there are the following issues:

1. Mid frequencies dominate in the mix creating a little tonal misbalance

2. Drums sound kinda “elektronisch”, a bit like a synth, not alive

3. at 0:35 dead pause before the 1st chorus is not dead and still has some hum from the track 01 Kick

4. Solo guitar parts are a bit lost in the mix, I would put their level a little higher in the mix (I am guitar player Smile )

5. Vocal EQ need to be checked, the vocal disappears in some parts, especially in the 2nd chorus

Keep on mixing!