Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Back From The Start. Greggs MIx
Hey Guys,

Just thought i might upload my own take on this song!

haha warning the guitars and bass are very different plus i went bit light on the overall bass of the track.

Enjoy!

.mp3    Fergessen greggs mix .mp3 --  (Download: 2.48 MB)

Guitars are a little jarring. I keep having to turn down the volume.
Without the bass of the Rhodes it seems to miss a little of the melody of the song.

Everything else sounds very nice!
What you did with the guitar borders on remix territory. It's just so loud. I think if you took the guitars (bass and lead) in the direction you took the rest of the song it would feel a lot more balanced.
soundcloud.com/joepalumbo
Thanks for the feedback Smile

What do you mean by jarring exactly? Like overly dynamic?

yeah i just didn't want the Rhodes to muddy up the track like personally i thought they were a little muddy, perhaps i can bump up the bass a tad and perhaps cut a bit of low mids out!

I do admit towards the end the guitar got pretty loud! perhaps i will add automation to compensate.

I don't know all the mixing term so may i ask what you mean guitar borders?

And perhaps i could've afforded to add some compression to level out the guitars dynamics!
(23-07-2013, 07:40 AM)Greggs24 Wrote: Thanks for the feedback Smile

What do you mean by jarring exactly? Like overly dynamic?

yeah i just didn't want the Rhodes to muddy up the track like personally i thought they were a little muddy, perhaps i can bump up the bass a tad and perhaps cut a bit of low mids out!

I do admit towards the end the guitar got pretty loud! perhaps i will add automation to compensate.

I don't know all the mixing term so may i ask what you mean guitar borders?

And perhaps i could've afforded to add some compression to level out the guitars dynamics!

Jarring: Just sound like they don't belong. Kind of startling.

Rhodes: I disagree. I think it was very nicely recorded. I think the guitar and the rhodes are the best sounding instruments that were tracked in this song (drums are pretty good as well). I think they are now both missing their purpose.

Guitar borders: that's not a thing. I think you're reading the sentence incorrectly or I wrote it weirdly. No big deal. What i mean is that you are stepping into remix territory where the mixer re-arranges the song based on his taste, give it a new vibe, or to change genres. It's not uncommon, from what I understand, to add a few stylistic twists in a mix, though almost always, the producer is giving you exactly what he/she wants. Unless you're given license to tinker with the tune, just try your best to make it sound amazing. I am a musician who produces tunes as well, so it is very tempting to shuffle around things.

Have a good week and keep mixing!
soundcloud.com/joepalumbo
Ahhh okay get you now Smile haha happy mixing to you to mate!