Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Brew 'What I Want'
I've got a feeling it's a bit harsh sounding. Could have edited the backing vocals a bit as well. I guess this is the best I could do for now Cool

.mp3    The Brew \'What I Want\' mix 2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.13 MB)

Your mix does not sound harsh, but the snare in your mix is almost none existent. In general the drums in your mix sound unnatural. That's the best way I can describe them. I wonder what your decisions were when mix them?
Thanks for reply Sano.Yeah I see what you mean when listening to it after a short. Sound's rubish... :-) I think paid too much atention trying not to make it muddy and obviously I when other direction with the snare especially. I thought I'd try to go with the snare high resonance but as it wasn't in tune with the track I pitch shifted little bit. Now seems like it wasn't the best idea after all... :-)
You know what sometimes I feel I'm getting worse rather than improoving... :-)

Thanks for your input.

it all starts and ends with eq. there are some eq decisions in this mix that are really holding it back. not trying to sound harsh, but it sounds like i'm listening through a telephone instead of through 8" monitors. balances are good, i'd just go back and check out my eq's again. not sure what eq plug you are using, but i always recommend using an eq WITHOUT a graphic display. you'd be surprised how often our eyes betray our ears.
Hey matey, you don't sound harsh at all and I appreciate your comments. I wish you could master equalization one day. I just hope I'm improving on the way at least :-) please check out my mix of Strand Of Oaks Spacestation to see if that sounds any better to you.
Thanks again for your input.

Cheers Berge