Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't Put Me On Hold
Hi Guys,

This is my mix of "Put Me On Hold". Let me know what you think, all feedback appreciated!! Smile

.mp3    Put Me On Hold Mastered mp3.mp3 --  (Download: 3.82 MB)

First impression is the top end is too sharp and squeezed. There are some odd compression artifacts too. I think the content is all there just needs some smoothing in the mastering. Make sure you can listen back at all levels and they all sound good.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
I Like your mix .It sounds well balanced ,As Mixinthecloud mentioned I think a little taming of some frequencies maybe in the 2-4k area mainly with the vocals.
320 bps may reduce some upper frequency problems as can hear some 128 bps artifacts !

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Thank you both for your replies much appreciated!

I did this mix on my headphones so I think I’ve overcompensated with the exciter judging you your feedback.

Still a newbie in the studio world, so when you say bps is that the release time of the compressor???

Thanks again guys!!
(09-11-2017, 10:50 AM)wallace94 Wrote: Thank you both for your replies much appreciated!

I did this mix on my headphones so I think I’ve overcompensated with the exciter judging you your feedback.

Still a newbie in the studio world, so when you say bps is that the release time of the compressor???

Thanks again guys!!
Sorry I meant wav conversion to mp3 . 320 Kbps sound quality sounds better much than 128 Kbps .

Cheers Big Grin

I’ll give it a try later on today and see if it makes a difference Smile

Do you guys have any tips for getting punchy drums without running out of headroom on the output?? Ive been struggling to keep everything below 0 on the output when I was mixing this down.
I think constant deep Low frequencies which most average monitors and earbuds can't produce below 30- 40 hz depending on the track could be eating precious headroom.
Actually I like the overall sound of your mix better than mine !
listening on ns10's n can hear a lot of sibilance on the vocals in the 8-9k k area

Thank you don! I’m glad you like it, I wasn’t convinced the mix was any good
Hey Alex,

sorry I'm a bit late but here we go:

- Wierd Hi-End(to much of it, and also overcompressed)
- More defenition in the bass, clean up low-end
- Would like some more stereo width

+ Good Balance, nice mix

Regarding the headroom:
It's important that you still have plently left after your processing, here is what I do:
I have adjusted my mixing volume so that when each track peaks around -18db, it is at a very comfortable level. This usually means that I have to make the tracks themselfes ~10db quieter. Doing it that way I have a good amount of headroom (~6-8db) left after doing all the mixing stuff. Then I just do my mastering stuff and get the Levels to roughly in the -14 to -12 LUFS area.
Oh and as already mentioned, keep an eye on your sub-lows Big Grin

Cheers, LukasAngel