Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Lonely Wild - Scar (FisheeRecords Mix&Master)
Hi guys,

After few months of absence, I decided to come up with few new mixes and masters for tracks provided on this forum.

I would be happy to hear your thoughts, your inputs and suggestions.

If you liked my work on this project feel free to let me know Smile

Enjoy!

.mp3    The Lonley Wild - Scar (FisheeRecords Master).mp3 --  (Download: 8.09 MB)

Wow, what a fantastic mix on this! Can you give any pointers on how you got such a great polished and consistent sound on the (all-over-the-place) lead vocal?
I liked it.
Alexander
(29-04-2019, 03:11 AM)mike fried Wrote: Wow, what a fantastic mix on this! Can you give any pointers on how you got such a great polished and consistent sound on the (all-over-the-place) lead vocal?

Hey Mike,
Thank you very much for the kind words!
Sorry for the late response. I wasn't roaming around the forums for quite a while...

What exactly do you want to know? If it's regarding the lead vocals only I basically used my personal "Lead Vocal Chain". BTW, the whole mix was done with no analog equipment except for my sound interface of and monitors of course but everything else was done inside the DAW.

First I used a VCC channel to simulate an analog input to a mixer.
Then I uses Q4 eq to only deal with problematic frequencies with the recording itself. Then I used a Desser accordingly to control to S and T's.
Next step I used a multiband eq (which is also a compressor) and final step was recording an automation of a "riding" vst (simulating riding the channel on an analog desk).

The polish the sound further I used busses with 1/4 or 1/8t (i don't remember) with a ~55ms predelay and about 150ms tail with relatively quick attack and "medium" release (basically until you see the tail is not interfering with the next word being sang) and of course a reverb (based on your taste). Both buses are at relatively low input volume to the channel since it is just to compliment the overall atmosphere (there was a lot of reverb from the guitar recordings and backing vocals already that I dealt with).

That's all from memory so bear with me here haha..
hope that helps and feel free to ask anything you want Big Grin
(29-04-2019, 04:31 AM)Equilibrium Wrote: I liked it.

Thank you! Feel free to listen to more of my mixes here or on sound cloud Big Grin