Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rescue Me
I really really really loved listening to this song!
So melodic and uplifting.More of this please!

For the mix I tried to go for a more natural type of sound,no gates since this was a live recording and little eq and compression.I might have overdone it with the reverbs though since this song woke up the Brian Eno in me Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Also there are some compressors and limiters on the mix bus for "mastering" that are probably ruining everything but still I would really appreciate any feedback!

Mix-Master 3 is final the version,the one for the customer! TongueTongueTongueBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Thanks in advance,
Simon.

.mp3    Rescue me Master 2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.81 MB)

.mp3    Rescue me Master 3.mp3 --  (Download: 9.76 MB)

A good mix of this material!

Sounds natural and balanced to me. Love it.

Guitar solo don’t get the needed focus.

I didn’t hear any ”ruining” elements.
Added a second mix - master with improved guitars (at least that's what i think)

Let me know how it sounds!

Thanks,
Simon.
Listening the second version. I'm not sure if the 'air' 8-10k and above, are working here. For me they didn't sound healthy in the source tracks. Mixwise it sound very good. Every element has it's place and is clearly audible. The stereo image and ambience are also very nice. ^_^
Overall I like the balances and you've put together .... a pleasant mix to listen to.

I'm getting slightly fatigued by the attack on the hihat - maybe some (more) dyn eq/multi band would take the sting out - and then the ride in the solo. It sounds a bit "pointy" if you know what i mean, almost like we're hearing more stick than cymbal, or at least the ratio of stick to cymbal is too high.

nice job on the guitar pan automation.....

cheers, Simon
Be fierce in your encouragement, kind in your criticism and try and remember that the art of a good critique is not to make someone else's mix sound like yours...but to help the mixer realize their own vision.

https://soundcloud.com/hbguitar
Very nicely done. I like what you've done with the lead guitar, which was not an easy get and also the vocals. Your harmonies are very good.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]