Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shut Up And Play - my 1st post
Hi,
This is my 1st post.
Hope you enjoy the mix :-)

Sa

.mp3    ShutUpAndPlay24bit.mp3 --  (Download: 5.95 MB)

Interesting tonal balance. At first it felt like the snare was way too small but it works in your context but then the click on the kick became a bit too much. Can I ask what monitors you are listening on?

I like your editing too. Very conversational and inviting. I would like to hear the Hammond treated a little better. It seems to be the lost stepchild at times. The guitars are very well presented.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(29-10-2017, 05:05 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Interesting tonal balance. At first it felt like the snare was way too small but it works in your context but then the click on the kick became a bit too much. Can I ask what monitors you are listening on?

I like your editing too. Very conversational and inviting. I would like to hear the Hammond treated a little better. It seems to be the lost stepchild at times. The guitars are very well presented.

Thanks for your comment!
I'm listening on Yamaha MSP3.

Now that I listen to it after a day, I think you're right about the hammond. I put some automation to step it back here and there, but I did it too much and it almost completely disappears.

I'll try to apply some fix and repost .. btw, the kick is not the original, I substituted it and in fact it "clicks" too much.

Sa
Hey!! I love the drums!!
2nd try.

jpgv, do you like this drums too? :-) kick drum tweaked and a little more hammond

Sa

.mp3    ShutUpAndPlay2.mp3 --  (Download: 5.95 MB)

I like both of them, the second has more deep in LF.
(29-10-2017, 11:17 PM)guitart Wrote: 2nd try.

jpgv, do you like this drums too? :-) kick drum tweaked and a little more hammond

Sa

Nice!
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Am I retarded or is the drummer not playing his hi-hat quite in time? :O
Not sure what to think, but the tempo feels off.

Great Mix!

LukasAngel