Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marcus Boeltz: 'Shut Up And Play'
Sounds and looks like a very simple mix on the surface, but it's not. I found a number of challenges with this one, in particular frequency masking on more than one instrument. Also, getting the rhythm to gel was no mean feat. I'm pretty happy with the end result, I sat on this mix for a few days tweaking here and there. I noticed there were quite a few different approaches on the various mixes so far uploaded, the ones I liked most all seemed to have a similar overall tone. Feedback and comments welcome as always.

Cheers,
Mick

.mp3    shut up and play.mp3 --  (Download: 5.93 MB)

Mick,
There is melodic and rhythmic content I think you are missing by downplaying the first guitar and Hammond. There is more to the song than the drums, bass and lead. Your sounds and environment are solid and I think they have the space for more content. I like the phonograph clicks at the end.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Sounds good! You definitely gave focus for the lead guitar. Drums also feel powerful. Great job!
Hi Mick ,
Nice solid mix love the drums ,listening on headphones at the moment ,the kick maybe a touch hot below 40hz ,listening on phone the lead guitar sounds great but could be a touch upfront.
I will have another listen on monitors when I get back to them next week.

Well Done Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(09-10-2017, 04:20 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Mick,
There is melodic and rhythmic content I think you are missing by downplaying the first guitar and Hammond. There is more to the song than the drums, bass and lead. Your sounds and environment are solid and I think they have the space for more content. I like the phonograph clicks at the end.

Thanks for the feedback, appreciate it
(09-10-2017, 05:55 PM)kapu Wrote: Sounds good! You definitely gave focus for the lead guitar. Drums also feel powerful. Great job!

Thanks kapu!
(10-10-2017, 11:59 PM)thedon Wrote: Hi Mick ,
Nice solid mix love the drums ,listening on headphones at the moment ,the kick maybe a touch hot below 40hz ,listening on phone the lead guitar sounds great but could be a touch upfront.
I will have another listen on monitors when I get back to them next week.

Well Done Big Grin

Thanks Don, yeah I didn't listen to this one on headphones so that's interesting feedback. Cheers