Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"All-American Mutt" hawkmusic mix
I really appreciate feedback.

.mp3    All-American Mutt.mp3 --  (Download: 3.81 MB)

Sounds ok, but isn't it a bit unconventional to pan the snare left yet leave the kick middle? If you were after the 60's style you could've panned the beats completely left. Nice effects in the woo-part. Instruments are in balance. Nice work. ^_^
Hey Hawk. I'm kind of digging where you're going with this. Feels like a smokey night out. My issue here is it changes too much depending on the volume of playback. What I want to do is hear more deeply into your mix. but I don't want to turn it up. I want you to turn it up. I want to hear what you are doing with your drums, a clear statement of your snare effects and room and placements. The same with the guitars. It is very organic and has a great feel. I would like to hear you bring out the nuance with some tasty compression here, and some tasty limiting there. I can't tell you precisely where, but your tonal balances are interesting and need more definition to them. This would bring up the volume of your mix some and into the present. Very creative addition to bridge. Brilliant. With your permission, I'd like to re-master your mix and repost it here.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]