Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Sorry it's a" Club Mix :)
When I heard the preview of this, I heard more so I mixed what I heard.

Yes, it's a club mix! Again, knocked up in headphones while the family slept at 5am. This track was like coffee!

I hope I did the song justice. Apologies to the artist Big Grin

.mp3    Moosmusic Big Dummy Shake.mp3 --  (Download: 7.52 MB)

Interesting mix. Nice stereo . Maybe balance out bottom end with the top end. well done
I like what you did with the mix, nice to hear a different take on it. Think maybe the vocals could come up a bit.
I suppose I should explain how I went about mixing this.

I started out trying to replace some of the drum sounds and in the process decided a driving "house" beat really lifted the track so I went all out in making it a club mix.

After adding some beats, I found the bass guitar didn't quite fit so I quantised it and the original claps and snare.

Then I added some "raunch" to the guitars with boosts between 2-3k to punch them through and played with panning them about with some filler reverb. I ended up cutting guitar 2 into pieces to facilitate a good stereo image because the first part of the verse is all by itself and wasn't "right" panned over to the left on it's lonesome. I like a good headspace! Smile

Now to the vocals. Not too much needed on the backing vocals. Just some reverb and slight delay. I wanted the lead vocal to have a bit more oomph to it so I doubled it by sending it through pitch correction and mixing the two together.

All I needed then was some compression and gating on certain tracks, and a little mastering compressor magic to finish it off.

DAW: Propellerheads Reason 7

(16-07-2013, 03:32 PM)Juraj Wrote: Interesting mix. Nice stereo . Maybe balance out bottom end with the top end. well done

Too much top? I guess that is the problem with mixing with headphones on in the early morning Smile

(16-07-2013, 07:08 PM)sano Wrote: I like what you did with the mix, nice to hear a different take on it. Think maybe the vocals could come up a bit.

After listening on speakers and other headphones, I understand what you mean. The vocals could indeed come up a bit more. Cheers.
Great!!! It makes me tap my feet. Nice version!!!
Juanra Ortiz
http://www.lacuevastudio.com
[email protected]
Production | Tracking | Mixing | Mastering
Check out my other mixes here.
Points for trying a different approach, think it works well, would like to hear more of a thumping kick drum for a dance track but really enjoyed it.
Really cool take on it. The drums do make it move a lot more!!! That kick could probably be a bit stronger though, but thats just me.
"Anything too dumb to be spoken should be sung" Know your bones - aKing