Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mix for @wiloo_o
Hey community, this is my first mix in the platform.

I was listening all your mixed and there are a lot of colours in yours. Great.
I only want contribute with one thing, could be more dynamic

I hope enjoy it.

.mp3    MARCUS FINAL.mp3 --  (Download: 6.11 MB)

Pretty good. Bass gets a bit thick and could use some taming. Drums sounds great and good balance between the rhythm guitar and organ.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(02-10-2017, 05:46 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Pretty good. Bass gets a bit thick and could use some taming. Drums sounds great and good balance between the rhythm guitar and organ.

Hey Mixinthecloud

Thanks very much for your observation.

I have been giving some correction.
I use more compresion in the bass, a little more reverb with the room stereo channel and some more brightness in the hammond Smile

.mp3    MARCUS BOETZ 2.mp3 --  (Download: 6.11 MB)

(03-10-2017, 05:52 AM)@wiloo_o Wrote:
(02-10-2017, 05:46 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Pretty good. Bass gets a bit thick and could use some taming. Drums sounds great and good balance between the rhythm guitar and organ.

Hey Mixinthecloud

I use more compresion in the bass, a little more reverb with the room stereo channel and some more brightness in the hammond Smile

I like that you are thinking the same way as me! I like these type of songs to be punchy and with dynamics but with retained RMS. I like that you had the balls to keep this one more dynamic because i can't stand the hype of the to fast compression sound, it makes things sound to sloppy for this kind of music. Thing is though i think that the basscompression is to fast, i think you need to have slower attacktimes and releasetimes, and also a litle distortion before or after compression to let it be less foggy in the lowend. Also distortion and compression is grate on bass to let the kickattack cut more. Sometimes what i found resently is that the bass can reinforce the kick by having it punchy because the mastercompressor is acting more on the same "frequencies"/attack and makes the kick even more punchy.
(03-10-2017, 08:15 PM)crownoise Wrote:
(03-10-2017, 05:52 AM)@wiloo_o Wrote:

Hey Mixinthecloud

I like that you are thinking the same way as me! I like these type of songs to be punchy and with dynamics but with retained RMS. I like that you had the balls to keep this one more dynamic because i can't stand the hype of the to fast compression sound, it makes things sound to sloppy for this kind of music, and now with the slate distressor release....oh god we are gonna hear sloppy mess of things, if not used on the right material. Thing is though i think that the basscompression is to fast in your mix, i think you need to have slower attacktimes and releasetimes, and also a litle distortion before or after compression to let it be less foggy in the lowend. Also distortion and compression is grate on bass to let the kickattack cut more. Sometimes what i found recently is that the bass can reinforce the kick by having it punchy because the mastercompressor is acting more on the same "frequencies"/attack and makes the kick even more punchy.