Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marcus Boeltz: 'Shut Up And Play'
Hi The Don, awesome job here. V2 is much more interesting to listen to and has more energy for me, great reverb choices and a thumping mix.
(27-10-2017, 07:28 PM)mixingonamission Wrote: Hi The Don, awesome job here. V2 is much more interesting to listen to and has more energy for me, great reverb choices and a thumping mix.

Thanks for having a listen Big Grin

Cheers

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Hi TheDon,
I really like this mix!, The balance sounds right, Drums are very good, especially snare, it's a sound i also looking for when mixing Smile. Well done! Wondering what do you think about soothe? Did you try it on cymbals?
(08-11-2017, 03:24 PM)Lethan Wrote: Hi TheDon,
I really like this mix!, The balance sounds right, Drums are very good, especially snare, it's a sound i also looking for when mixing Smile. Well done! Wondering what do you think about soothe? Did you try it on cymbals?
Thanks for having a listen and feedback ,I didn't have much time to use smooth just tried it on this mix and it worked on the cymbals transients and was quite impressed with it ,but like compression and eq can easily over do it. ,I found still I had to use a parametric eq to tame constant ringing resonant frequencies of instruments and recording room acoustics etc .

Cheers Big Grin

(02-10-2017, 12:43 PM)thedon Wrote: Here is version 1 spent about an hour testing out a new impressive plugin on trial called Soothe by oek sound it's a little expensive, especially in Australian dollars would love any feedback on anyone who has uses it !

Version 2 is based on your feedback but mixed on headphones and checked on phone away from home studio !

Cheers Big Grin

------------------
Hey Don, that kick is just too loud.....LOLOLOLOL! I love our running joke....nobody will get it. Hee heeee. Seriously, great mix....nice and thick and loud. I can't agree with some comments saying it's too cramped in the middle cause there's just guitars, bass and drums, so in my humble opinion, they can all be as loud and bunched up as you like.....it's ROCK. WoooooHoooooooo! Later brother..........

Tom

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
(04-03-2018, 01:56 PM)tjmtruth Wrote:
(02-10-2017, 12:43 PM)thedon Wrote: Here is version 1 spent about an hour testing out a new impressive plugin on trial called Soothe by oek sound it's a little expensive, especially in Australian dollars would love any feedback on anyone who has uses it !

Version 2 is based on your feedback but mixed on headphones and checked on phone away from home studio !

Cheers Big Grin

------------------
Hey Don, that kick is just too loud.....LOLOLOLOL! I love our running joke....nobody will get it. Hee heeee. Seriously, great mix....nice and thick and loud. I can't agree with some comments saying it's too cramped in the middle cause there's just guitars, bass and drums, so in my humble opinion, they can all be as loud and bunched up as you like.....it's ROCK. WoooooHoooooooo! Later brother..........

Tom
Thanks for having a listen Tom ,
I agree the bottom end of the kick needs to come down and the beater up lol Big Grin
It's great to hear so many versions with their own personal touch !

Don Big Grin