Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marcus Boeltz: 'Shut Up And Play'
Here is version 1 spent about an hour testing out a new impressive plugin on trial called Soothe by oek sound it's a little expensive, especially in Australian dollars would love any feedback on anyone who has uses it !

Version 2 is based on your feedback but mixed on headphones and checked on phone away from home studio !

Cheers Big Grin

.mp3    Shut up and PlayV1.mp3 --  (Download: 6.07 MB)

.mp3    Shut Up And Play V-2.mp3 --  (Download: 5.95 MB)

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Hi don great vibe you got going on,I don't know if its me but I feel that the bass needs warming up I little,nice drums, would of liked to hear the guitar mutes slightly panned but that's just me, well done,AGAIN!
I like the "woodiness" of the snare. The bass feels ok to me but might be a little forward. Overall it feels a little cramped in the center. Panning out the instruments would open up the middle of the stereo image and then I think the bass would definitely need to come back since it'll have more space to be heard.
Sounds good. Like the overall energy. Maybe a little warmer but overall sounds pretty good
Not bad. Everything is there and it plays out well. Kind of a mono approach but it all works. Good growl on the bass although it does sound hollow at times. Hollow growl? Hey, it works.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
I agree with the posts here, i think that the mix is a bit mono. But one thing i like is that you got the good type smashed sound with distortion instead of that ugly compression that makes stuff so harsh, really makes mono glue nicely and making bass elements pop upfront more. I like that you kept the hammond in mono, sounds so uggly keeping that instrument wide, don't see the point really... "wow its cool its wide", but does a hammond sound cohesive in sidechannels??? no its only because its phasey and flangey in that area it might sound a bit cool, but really it makes the image of the whole mix make you feel seasick. Also i like that you managed to keep the mix bright sounding without it being nasty and at the same time has a nice lowfy vintage tone to it, not overclamped distortion on the masterbus or anything. It is though maybe a bit too flat and needs somethings a bit more forward and punchy but otherwise i'd listen to this monomix a thousand times over before a wide uncohesive and poky mix! goodjob.
The drums seem to have some type preringy sounds, like the ones you get from linear phase eq. Maybe it's the soothe? Sounds good, but usually your mixes are more clear and separated. Still, easy listening from start to finish. ^_^
(02-10-2017, 06:23 PM)Cudjoe Wrote: Hi don great vibe you got going on,I don't know if its me but I feel that the bass needs warming up I little,nice drums, would of liked to hear the guitar mutes slightly panned but that's just me, well done,AGAIN!

Thanks for having a listen Cudjoe Version 2 coming soon !

Cheers Big Grin

(02-10-2017, 08:44 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: I like the "woodiness" of the snare. The bass feels ok to me but might be a little forward. Overall it feels a little cramped in the center. Panning out the instruments would open up the middle of the stereo image and then I think the bass would definitely need to come back since it'll have more space to be heard.
Thanks for the feedback Version 2 coming soon !

Cheers Big Grin

(03-10-2017, 04:36 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Not bad. Everything is there and it plays out well. Kind of a mono approach but it all works. Good growl on the bass although it does sound hollow at times. Hollow growl? Hey, it works.

Thanks for the feedback a more wider version 2 coming soon !

Cheers Big Grin