Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHUT UP AND PLAY MIX
Cool song. Any feedback is welcome and appreciated

.mp3    SHUT UP AND PLAY.mp3 --  (Download: 5.95 MB)

.mp3    SHUT UP AND PLAY 2.5.mp3 --  (Download: 5.99 MB)

.mp3    Shut up and Play 3.mp3 --  (Download: 5.91 MB)

Cool Mix , Could be a touch heavy in the bottom end below 30hz but not a big deal !

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

The guitars feel a little edgy to me. The lead guitar gets overshadowed by the muted guitar and feels like it's way in the background. The bass could have some more definition and upper end to focus it more. Is there a delay or something on the drums? Maybe a panned room mic? I hear something on the left that feels out of place.
Excellent. Everything is in its place. Maybe a slightly heavy on the bass. Good space and great tone. Well done.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Thanks for the feedback everybody did an update. Tried to work out the heavy kick issue plus raised the lead guitar
(03-10-2017, 03:51 PM)sagalegin Wrote: Thanks for the feedback everybody did an update. Tried to work out the heavy kick issue plus raised the lead guitar

Second mix is right on, brother. Excellent.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Hey! I like the mix 1 better actually because i like the bass from the kick, it is really working well with the bass in the overheads, it almost let you find the overheads a bit and think it is more naturalsounding, but i believe it has a bit to less untouched lowmids. I mean when guys say "oh its to foggy and muddy" it often doesn't help by subtracting these frequencies like many people suggest, it just makes the mix feel a bit bigger but at the same time loosing alot of information from the instruments. Sometimes lowmids can make you feel that warm harmonics that is shimmering nicely in the song and the scale sort of. But if you would have threated this area a bit with the right fitting distortion it would have become tasty and glittery in that area, and that would have made this mix prosounding too me! I like the mix it is almost there (better to have to litle emphazise then too much), so good job.
Away from studio for a couple of weeks ,Listening to version 2.5 on Headphones only Hd600's sounds much better The drums have more clarity and bass and kick sounds a lot tighter.

Well Done Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Thanks @crownoise i actually tammed the low mid/mid a bit in the second version. Glad you liked one of them. Thanks for the feedback...ill look into adding distortion to the mix in the future
Thanks @thedon i appreciate it