Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Shut up and play - Crownoise mix!
Heyy wow was really eager to start mixing some new songs, and finally they showed up! Here is my take on this funky song.

.mp3    Shut up and play.mp3 --  (Download: 6.03 MB)

Nice live sound. Good groove and bounce. Drums get a little rubber-bandy but work pretty well. Bass sounds great. Rips well. Hammond gets a tad lost. Well done. A great listen.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
I like the vibe of your mix ,The room drums sound a touch boxy in the side channels maybe just needs more some taming around the 300-600 hz area and all good !

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

I'll agree with Mixinthecloud that the Hammond does get lost in everything. I get a "hollow" feeling from drums and lead guitar. That may be what thedon is referring to as well. I don't know if there's some stereo widening going on or what. It's hard to tell on headphones.
Heeyy guys glad to hear from you! Yes i agree the oh's are a bit dark and the hammond is a bit poky and with litle sustained volume and yes i gets a bit lost, i was though trying to get a vintage tone without any harsh frequencies so thats why this one got a bit darker. Yes i had some hasdelay-effect on the lead guitar. Glad you liked the "live" sound! Smile Thanks for tips i will have that in mind to next song.
I like your mix, the principal guitar are powerful, the batery have a great sound. Only the hammond are a little hidden.

Great mix
(03-10-2017, 06:01 AM)@wiloo_o Wrote: I like your mix, the principal guitar are powerful, the batery have a great sound. Only the hammond are a little hidden.

Great mix

Thankyou Wiloo!! Smile
Hi! Highly subjective remarks. The space of drums feels very realistic, but maybe you could go with a bit more dry drum sound, as the drum space feels like a 'cheap dry wall room'? Still, it doesn't sound bad. I like the low end, kick and bass, very much, and the feel is right. For me, the spreading effect on lead guitar is maybe too much, but it sounds ok. Nice mix!
(03-10-2017, 10:15 PM)kapu Wrote: Hi! Highly subjective remarks. The space of drums feels very realistic, but maybe you could go with a bit more dry drum sound, as the drum space feels like a 'cheap dry wall room'? Still, it doesn't sound bad. I like the low end, kick and bass, very much, and the feel is right. For me, the spreading effect on lead guitar is maybe too much, but it sounds ok. Nice mix!

Hey Kapu! Thanks for you kind words. Yes well i cranked alot of lowmids and clipped the overheads to make them cut in not only the cymbals to get some more room tone, so there is no reverb in this mix exept a litle from the vocals. But yes i am aware of that but it was how i wanted it to be, but yeah i could'v had them a litle brighter to be honest. Thanks will keep that in mind!
Sounds good. The hammond def could come up. Good live feel maybe some low mid boost to even out some of the instruments. Overall good mix...nice job