Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Read Me! :)
I'm looking forward to see what you guys do with my work here. Big Grin

This is obviously going to be very different from anything else on this site. I strongly recommend you read the "Read Me" file that comes with the multitrack before you begin to give you a primer on how the tracks are set up.

Hope you guys like the story, and have fun mixing it! Cool
John A. Ardelli
Pedaling Prince Pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/PedalingPrince
(30-09-2017, 07:33 PM)Pedaling Prince Wrote: I'm looking forward to see what you guys do with my work here. Big Grin

This is obviously going to be very different from anything else on this site. I strongly recommend you read the "Read Me" file that comes with the multitrack before you begin to give you a primer on how the tracks are set up.

Hope you guys like the story, and have fun mixing it! Cool

Hah -- pipped me to the post! Smile Still hadn't uploaded the extra notes. All the credits are with the multitrack files, but here are the additional notes from John:

"These are the multitracks from a dramatic short story reading I did of my own short story “Asiza.” The tracks are provided completely raw with all EQ, effects and automation removed. The sound effects for this project were gathered from http://www.freesound.org with the exception of the highway ambience sound which I recorded myself.

"For the most part I tried to select sound effects that sounded good “out of the box” but there are a small handful that, despite their technical flaws, were just too good a fit for the mood I was going for; those may require a little creativity with hi/low cut filtering and EQ. Although all automation has been removed the music and sound effects have been edited to sync up with the dialogue, though there are some cases where the sound effects that were meant to be faded in and out begin running earlier, or keep running later, than they were intended to in the final mix. I leave it to you to figure out how YOU want to weave the sound effects and music together.

"I look forward to hearing everyone’s efforts on this."

If you have any further technical questions, feel free to reply to this thread with them.