Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heart Peripheral SpedeMix
Hello. Here's my mix from this cool tune. I made some creative choices (sound-wise) here and there to make the song appear more 2010-ish. Bus compression (and how hard the music is hitting in which sections) is dictating this mix. Some of the esses were little challenging to deal with; one has to be quite ruthless with them in this song.

.m4a    Heart_Peripheral_SpedeMix3.m4a --  (Download: 3.23 MB)

Very good mix!

Really nice punch and I like the statement you made with the bus compression! I also think your delay spot effects are very well suited there.

Maybe the chorus could get a bit more filled up with an extra layer or so to create more contrast with the verses?

Cheers!

(15-07-2013, 06:32 PM)Spede Wrote: Hello. Here's my mix from this cool tune. I made some creative choices (sound-wise) here and there to make the song appear more 2010-ish. Bus compression (and how hard the music is hitting in which sections) is dictating this mix. Some of the esses were little challenging to deal with; one has to be quite ruthless with them in this song.

Good mix. I like the subtle ping-pong delay on the vocals, and the pitch shifting effects. Nice job!

IMH: this is a tune that could do with a few more synth layers and hooks to make it really solid (which I'll do to my mix if I ever get some spare time!)

All sound is a distortion of silence / soundcloud.com/jeffd42