Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Siren - my mix
My mix of this beautifully crafted pop gem - a real pleasure to work with. Some significant info: all the acoustic guitars were shifted (8 - 17 ms for different guitars) around to fit the groove better as they were all playing slightly ahead of the beat; lots of processing to the drum tracks (compression, compression, compression! sidechain, parallel... Big Grin); some sidechain compression was used with one of the vocal tracks to duck a background synth out of the way at a few points.

Anything else you want to discuss/critique feel free.

Hope you like it Smile

.mp3    siren_v1_unmstrd_320.mp3 --  (Download: 16.24 MB)

If i make a comment on your mix i would be very grateful if you said something about mine - all discussion leads to increasing all our knowledge! thanks lovely people :)
Great sounding mix !!
I agree. Great mix!
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
great sound!!
mixing since April 2013
nice mix
Exellent sir, really slick!

Cheers,
Marcus
thanks for taking the time to listen folks and big thanks for the kind words Smile
If i make a comment on your mix i would be very grateful if you said something about mine - all discussion leads to increasing all our knowledge! thanks lovely people :)
Decided to master this mix. Let me know what you think!

.mp3    siren_mstr1_crimson_sun_320.mp3 --  (Download: 16.24 MB)

The sound is big and very impressive in headphones. Bas n drum sounds great.
Only wish you would hit mute on the elgtr track 2. It plays major chords while rest play minor.
Enjoyd the sound a lot but I cant listen to that chord Big Grin

You could consider savin a dB or two for chorus to make it bigger, if you find it necessary.
I enjoyd the great tone of bas.
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
sounds great! have you considered gating the bass to reduce the note sustain? I like how well I can hear those sharp arpeggiated synths I struggled with that.
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!