Poll: How is my first mix ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
100.00%
2 100.00%
dislike
0%
0 0%
Total 2 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
My First Mix - looking for your feedback to improve myself
Thank you for your valuable time ..

with Love & Peace
E$A

Revised my Mix(JC Rev 2 -Final). Please let me know you thoughts.

.mp3    JC slow down.mp3 --  (Download: 2.99 MB)

.mp3    JC Rev 2 -Final.mp3 --  (Download: 2.94 MB)

Hey man,

You got a lot more to learn but your overall understanding of Frequencies and Stereo image is there.

I suggest you go over some professional youtube videos, forums, PDF files online (from professional studios only!) and try to work on the same project again while learning.

If you do have knowledge that you feel is sufficient then, perhaps, you just need a better understanding of the fundamentals in mixing (like gain staging, subtractive EQ, balance and peak levels, RMS output level, phase, etc.).

If you need some help with videos, i have a great playlist i created for my self quite some time ago with people whom i met personally once or twice in my life (most of them work as professional engineers in UK and work with WAVES on plugins).

Hope that helps!
(07-11-2017, 08:43 PM)FisheRecords Wrote: Hey man,

You got a lot more to learn but your overall understanding of Frequencies and Stereo image is there.

I suggest you go over some professional youtube videos, forums, PDF files online (from professional studios only!) and try to work on the same project again while learning.

If you do have knowledge that you feel is sufficient then, perhaps, you just need a better understanding of the fundamentals in mixing (like gain staging, subtractive EQ, balance and peak levels, RMS output level, phase, etc.).

If you need some help with videos, i have a great playlist i created for my self quite some time ago with people whom i met personally once or twice in my life (most of them work as professional engineers in UK and work with WAVES on plugins).

Hope that helps!

Hi,
Thank you for your comments . I will take a note of your feed backs and try to improve myself. i revised my mix a bit . How it sounds now ? Can you send me the playlist link to my email id [email protected] .
G'day E$A,
Sounds like some panning elements of 60s and reverbs and EQs 80s in there.
The gtr sounds great.
But the bass sounds like it's been recorded in a 44 gallon drum.
Some edits slipped and the section move away from the drummer in the latter half for for bars, check that.
The snare is just too snappy. Took my head off.
I like that you've taken a (rough) live performance and pushed it to sound like a studio demo.
I agree with what FisheRecords wrote.
Regards to all

famousbass