Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Second Mix
Second Mix, More intimate mix.

.mp3    Colton Benjamin - 21 Grams.mp3 --  (Download: 8.5 MB)

It feels unfinished. The balances work for the most part. I think the guitars are a little too dry. They're all just the pure DI signal and could use some effects and re-amping/modeling to give them some depth and color. I like how the BGVs in the chorus pop out a bit. That create some excitement. The lead vocals could be a little clearer. Maybe some more aggressive high pass filtering.

Overall it feels cool. But it's like a movie with out the special effects and cgi blended in. It's ok and a bit flat but could be enhanced to be more exciting.

Hope that helps.
NVM. I didn't think my first post uploaded.
(29-08-2017, 07:26 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: NVM. I didn't think my first post uploaded.

It's meant as an intimate mix, so almost no effects on it. The vocal is very present, so Almost like he's standing in front of me. I am not sure what is not clear about them.
I think the vocals could be eq'd a bit to cut some lows/lower mids. They are dry and in your face but they could be a little 'leaner'. They might be too fat.
(29-08-2017, 08:42 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: I think the vocals could be eq'd a bit to cut some lows/lower mids. They are dry and in your face but they could be a little 'leaner'. They might be too fat.

Ok, thanks. Yes, I was looking at how fat i could make it sound.
Hi! The balances are quite good here, but there is a lot of work with eq needed to make space in the lows and open up the high end of the mix. Start by looking at the areas around 200 & 400hz respectively. There is where the buildup of frequencies is occurring and unbalancing the frequency spectrum.

I understand that you want your mix to sound dry and in your face, but you need to create contrast in the depth perspective to accomplish that. When things are closer to you, they have more presence and clarity in the high end, and their reflections are dull and diffuse by comparison. Every sound exists in a space, and once you can create some semblance of the space you imagine, you can then go about creating the perception of dryness and up-frontness. I hope that makes sense.
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
(30-08-2017, 01:25 PM)fHumble fHingaz Wrote: Hi! The balances are quite good here, but there is a lot of work with eq needed to make space in the lows and open up the high end of the mix. Start by looking at the areas around 200 & 400hz respectively. There is where the buildup of frequencies is occurring and unbalancing the frequency spectrum.

I understand that you want your mix to sound dry and in your face, but you need to create contrast in the depth perspective to accomplish that. When things are closer to you, they have more presence and clarity in the high end, and their reflections are dull and diffuse by comparison. Every sound exists in a space, and once you can create some semblance of the space you imagine, you can then go about creating the perception of dryness and up-frontness. I hope that makes sense.

Thank you, I will try that.