Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
The Travelling Band: Quicksand - Crownoise!
Hi how are you all doing Smile? I tried a more mid rangy mastering this time hope its nice cheers Smile!

.mp3    quicksand.mp3 --  (Download: 5.06 MB)

Hi Crownoise,
Nice solid mix I like it ,The Electric guitars could come up a touch and the snare has a nice punch but smacking me in the face and a little full in the 150-200 area.
The bass and kick sounds nice and deep listening with sub but could cut through more in the mid bass and upper frequencies listening on bass light monitors ,Dont be afraid to do radical eq moves like rolling 0ff below 30 -40hz on bass and kick and notch out hollow sounding kicks around 150 -300 to give the bass more room !
Just some minor eq moves can make a big difference of course depending of what we are monitoring on which is part of the fun of sharing mixes !

Well Done Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Lot of build up between 125 to 500. Give it a clean up and it could be ok. As Don said probably your monitoring
(26-08-2017, 11:33 AM)thedon Wrote: Hi Crownoise,
Nice solid mix I like it ,The Electric guitars could come up a touch and the snare has a nice punch but smacking me in the face and a little full in the 150-200 area.
The bass and kick sounds nice and deep listening with sub but could cut through more in the mid bass and upper frequencies listening on bass light monitors ,Dont be afraid to do radical eq moves like rolling 0ff below 30 -40hz on bass and kick and notch out hollow sounding kicks around 150 -300 to give the bass more room !
Just some minor eq moves can make a big difference of course depending of what we are monitoring on which is part of the fun of sharing mixes !

Well Done Big Grin

Hey Don nice to see you how are you holding up Smile?? Thanks for the reply and the kind words. hehe yeah i thought about maybe clipping the snare or put some distortion on it to tame some transients but i was afraid i'd wreck the tone but i will keep that in mind to next mix. Yes well my monitor system is some commersial and cheap headphones for like 20 bucks... Though i have a pair of senheiser hd 650 but i never use them cuz i think the bass is masking to much transient, i never end up with good result with those :/. They would prob be a nice way to reference the bass with i suppose so i could probably go that way. I thought about having multiband compression on the bass on master bus but since i hear alot of mixes here with bass that is untouched and i sometimes dig that sound i left it alone to keep the bass "open".
There is a phase issue on the main guitar. In mono that guitar completely disappears. Nice job otherwise. - BP