Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colton Benjamin: 21 grams _ CK Mixed
I love this song a lot, it's fun mixing it, please feel free to comments!

I tried edit to reduce the muddyness for mix 2, see if that work..

.mp3    21 grams_Mixed.mp3 --  (Download: 8.66 MB)

.mp3    21 grams_Mixed_2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.66 MB)

For my taste vocals are too loud and whole mix could be less muddy. But it sound warm and soft so try to not damage that feel Wink
(20-08-2017, 07:03 PM)konop_tnt Wrote: For my taste vocals are too loud and whole mix could be less muddy. But it sound warm and soft so try to not damage that feel Wink

Is the vocals seem too loud? I'm still worried it feel too soft compare to others or yours mixed. I will try to get it less muddy, I think the main thing is I din't take too much low cut for the vocals. Thanks for your comments ^^
(20-08-2017, 11:14 PM)gckhai Wrote:
(20-08-2017, 07:03 PM)konop_tnt Wrote: For my taste vocals are too loud and whole mix could be less muddy. But it sound warm and soft so try to not damage that feel Wink

Is the vocals seem too loud? I'm still worried it feel too soft compare to others or yours mixed. I will try to get it less muddy, I think the main thing is I din't take too much low cut for the vocals. Thanks for your comments ^^

Hi i got a nice tip for that, if you first thing you do put a compressor on the vocal track and let it ride it almost so the compressor is clamping to much on the vocals, you after then put a eq before the compressor and low cut the vocal until you hear that the compressor is acting normal again and that you get more volume.
Guitars sounds quite dry and flat. I'd lower the main rhythm guitar a bit and boost it at 4k.
Cheers!
(21-08-2017, 10:51 AM)AndyGallas Wrote: Guitars sounds quite dry and flat. I'd lower the main rhythm guitar a bit and boost it at 4k.
Cheers!

Thanks for your comments! Yes I din't put any effects on Guitars, that's always my problem to fit guitar in the song I mix...

I've try to add something on, wish to get your further comments ^^

.mp3    21 grams_Mixed_3.mp3 --  (Download: 8.66 MB)