Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Human Radio : You & me & the radio
Hey, Here is my mix. This was a well recorded song and I enjoyed mixing it. Enjoy & Comments please Big Grin

.mp3    You & me & the radio.mp3 --  (Download: 10.92 MB)

Nice mix you have there, Lucky.
I'm not sure if I like the 'extry dry' (small room) sound you've got going on the drums - but that's more of a personal preference thing.
I think it's important that a mix engineer puts his/her stamp on the overall sound - and that's what you've done here.
(11-07-2013, 11:20 AM)Robert Wrote: Nice mix you have there, Lucky.
I'm not sure if I like the 'extry dry' (small room) sound you've got going on the drums - but that's more of a personal preference thing.
I think it's important that a mix engineer puts his/her stamp on the overall sound - and that's what you've done here.

Hi Robert

Thanx for the comment Big Grin, I have done this mix last week and can't even remember what I did to the drum kit Big Grin But yes, like you said, mix engineers we just get into the mix and do what we feel during the mix.
Nice mix Lucky!I have some suggestions though, i found that vocals where a bit thin in compare to drums and the music too bat not that much.
Also some dynamics on bass and vocals need a bit tame there.
I like very much the room you got on drums, its just sounds right on that song.
Keep up!
(11-07-2013, 04:35 PM)gopener Wrote: Nice mix Lucky!I have some suggestions though, i found that vocals where a bit thin in compare to drums and the music too bat not that much.
Also some dynamics on bass and vocals need a bit tame there.
I like very much the room you got on drums, its just sounds right on that song.
Keep up!

Thank you, I will revisit the mix with the suggestions. I really appreciate and welcome the suggestion.
Nice mix,i think i would just like to hear a bit more snare volume
Great chorus ,rocking.
I feel the hammond could be a tad too loud,and the synth in the verse
(11-07-2013, 09:58 PM)takka360 Wrote: Nice mix,i think i would just like to hear a bit more snare volume
Great chorus ,rocking.
I feel the hammond could be a tad too loud,and the synth in the verse

Thanks for the suggestion, I was too lazy to automate on this oneSmile but i will be revisiting the mix and will automate.