Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amber Skye-"Howlin"
Whew! That took some time to figure out what all the tracks were doing. Comping the BGV's seemed to help with the track count.

V2: I took what SHUL had to say and made some changes. It's still a little brighter and compressed than the official mix from the link but I guess that's how I heard it as I was mixing.

.mp3    Amber Skye_Howlin V1.mp3 --  (Download: 10.2 MB)

.mp3    Amber Skye_Howlin V2.mp3 --  (Download: 10.21 MB)

.mp3    Amber Skye_Howlin V3.mp3 --  (Download: 10.07 MB)

We're all just a bunch of freqs in this crazy world.
Hello

Interesting remix of the song. Here are my thoughts

*eq on it for the most part is very bright.. too exciting for me.. not that it sounds bad but I'm missing that warmth vibe off the song. It sounds very electronic and not as pop.
*the mix is very drums driven.. would have liked other instruments to jump out and stand out here and there.. for the most part the hihats and clicks are very present
*it's a very dense song.. play more with automation on certain things to make the song more dynamic. some editing could be done to improve the vibe of the song.
*balance is good but it seems to me very aggresive when it comes to instruments fighting for a spot.. it sounds like every single one is fighting for a position on my ear.. tame some brights on some .. boost some lows on some.. give the sound personality so that each play a role.. that way even though some have low volume and others loud volume.. they all play in harmony.

Just my opinion.. it's a very cool mix but those are my observations.. great work.
Have you heard the original mix of the song? here is the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhpImdnb_UI
Thanks for the listen and comments SHUL.
Vers 2: Backed off the brightness and worked on automating the different guitar, FX and keyboard parts to work together.