Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
My humble approach to Changing Things, Newly and Nicely Refined
Wow. This mix sounds fantastic! The bass tone is killer!
(08-09-2017, 05:33 AM)axxessdenied Wrote: Wow. This mix sounds fantastic! The bass tone is killer!

Thank you very much.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Wow, listening to the most recent mix - really lovely - top job! My personal preference would be for the drums to be narrower, but it sounds superb as-is!
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
(17-09-2017, 11:12 AM)fHumble fHingaz Wrote: Wow, listening to the most recent mix - really lovely - top job! My personal preference would be for the drums to be narrower, but it sounds superb as-is!

Thanks so much for your kind words. Can I ask how you placed the toms in your mix? How much over-heads vs. tom mic?
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(17-09-2017, 06:58 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Thanks so much for your kind words. Can I ask how you placed the toms in your mix? How much over-heads vs. tom mic?

I haven't mixed this track. The close mic vs OH blend usually depends on the type of music and the overall sound of the recording.

All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
A very nicely balanced approach to the stereo panorama. Very Good depth to the bass, and sparkle on the cymbals. Makes me think I should listen to more jazz :-)
All sound is a distortion of silence / soundcloud.com/jeffd42
(18-09-2017, 04:25 AM)jeffd42 Wrote: A very nicely balanced approach to the stereo panorama. Very Good depth to the bass, and sparkle on the cymbals. Makes me think I should listen to more jazz :-)

Thanks, Jeff.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Hey man,

cool stuff. It's interesting to hear 3 different versions and the progression of the mixes. I like different things about each of them, but ultimately mix 2 is a good deal better than the other 2.

I feel like (especially in mix 3) the top end is a little hyped with the midrange feeling a little pinched. what kind of eq do you have going on on the 2 bus? The hi hat mic is also pretty loud for my taste, which really adds to the brightness of the drums.

The sense of space is really nice though (again my preference is mix 2)

Hope you're well,

Ben

(22-08-2017, 09:58 PM)himynameisrenzo Wrote: Man, I am actually the composer and guitarist of this tune. I think is my favorite mix that I've heard.

Thanks so much for your comments. And thanks so much for a great arrangement and great playing. I would enjoy mixing more of your work.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(23-09-2017, 06:35 AM)Benbass1991 Wrote: Hey man,

cool stuff. It's interesting to hear 3 different versions and the progression of the mixes. I like different things about each of them, but ultimately mix 2 is a good deal better than the other 2.

I feel like (especially in mix 3) the top end is a little hyped with the midrange feeling a little pinched. what kind of eq do you have going on on the 2 bus? The hi hat mic is also pretty loud for my taste, which really adds to the brightness of the drums.

The sense of space is really nice though (again my preference is mix 2)

Hope you're well,

Ben

Hi Ben,
Thanks for the input. I did brighten things up some in Mix 3 using the Marvel GEQ, a 16 band, time coherent, multiplexing EQ in Mid-Side mode. As the only effect on the mix was an in-line convolution reverb I wanted to enhance the room a bit with some sparkle. I was hoping it would be more subtle, but it may be too much.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]