Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
My view on Back from the start
Nice sounding mix Big Grin !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

At first I thought... hmm.. but after a while I changed my mind. It´s probably very close to what the artist want, totally right for the song.
Personally I think it would benefit from a some amount of excitement towards the end. Jumping around the track it´s at the same level throughout. Maybe cut something from the start and add something to the end.

Great mix and feel for the song.
Good concept.

I like the soft, dry and powerful drum sound. You took away the hi-hats altogether, but it doesn't matter. Now acoustic guitar has bigger role.

Nice stereo effect with acoustic guitar.

A agree with the bass: it's little bit suffocated. When bass starts around 1.50 it doesn't ignite the final phase of the song. I think the guitar should be answering to the bass riff, so they should have about same energy level at that point.

Some of the rhodes fills could be more audible.
Yeah I forgot to mention the acoustic guitar sounds really good as Olli said. Nice and open strumming attack, not intrusive just about I would say. I think I've compressed it on my mix of this song.
Good good, mate.
Thanks for the input guys.Yes i loose excitement at the end, and the bass can take that role indeed!I also agree for rhodes olli (bat i was lazy Tongue).

p.s. i would love to know your first impression mange!what was you think and makes you hmm..Smile
(12-07-2013, 04:46 PM)gopener Wrote: p.s. i would love to know your first impression mange!what was you think and makes you hmm..Smile

Well, I can´t listen to it for the first time again!! I think I didn´t find the kick and snare to sound that great together.

Very interesting!Though really sounds nice together for me bat i will come back, and listen the mix after a while to see what will happen Wink